On the "Tasks" page, you are presented all of the tasks assigned to any contacts in your system. This includes both "Appointments"
which have a date and possibly a specific time associated to the task. there is also the "To-Do's" which are often open-dated.
Once you have contacts in the system, you can associate tasks with each of them. For example, you can send a message to Sparky by saying "Remind me to send the contract to Jeff Weaver next Friday." The new upcoming task "Send Contract" to "Jeff Weaver" will soon appear in the system for the corresponding date for "Next Friday".
As tasks are added, you will see their due dates, to whom the task applies, the specific task, and any associated action plans. These tasks are color coded to reflect what is “open”, “done”, and “overdue”.
Don't forget your tasks and what you need to do to help close your deals. You can send your tasks to Sparky so he can remind you what is important and which should be prioritized first each day!
Reviewing Specific Tasks
Each individual task can be reviewed, edited, deleted, cloned, or marked as complete from the task page.
- You are presented the contact (in orange), the date/time for appointments, the task description, and whether the task is associated to a specific action plan in each descriptor box.
- To mark a task as complete, you would select the checkbox next to the task description
- The action buttons (three vertical dots), allow you to edit, delete, or clone the specific task.
You can filter through your list of tasks in two different views and several filter approaches:
- Task Timeline (All Tasks, Today’s Tasks, Upcoming Tasks, Overdue Tasks, Open Dated Tasks
- Choose whether to show completed or overdue tasks
- By task due date (Next Week, Next Month, etc.)
- By associated Action Plans
- Toggle how your data is presented with the “Show by Contact” selection, directly above the filter settings box. The default view combines and organizes all of your appointments and To-Dos for all of your contacts into two sections. When you choose to show by contact, each contact will have their tasks combined into a single box.
Email - Task Daily Reminders
In Addition, you can choose to have a daily email sent from Sparky, reminding you of upcoming tasks. Under your "My Profile" page, subscribe to the "Task Daily Reminders".