You may want to upload your contacts when you start with Fieldnotes.
In order to do that you will need to collect as much information as possible about each contact. The main fields you must have are first and last name, phone number, and email address. However, you can gather as much information as you can. Enter these in an excel file and organize them in a table with column headers or download a blank spreadsheet you can use for this purpose. To get a blank spreadsheet with headers, simply follow the steps below:
1. Go to All Contacts.
2. Select "Download List"
This will give you a blank copy of a spreadsheet with all the columns/fields. Attached to this article is a Copy of that spreadsheet for your download/use.
Once you have all your contact details in the correct columns you can begin the upload of your contacts at once.
- Press "Upload Contacts" to drop your file or click to pick the file to upload.
(CSV, XLSX, or XLS files are accepted)
- Drop your files here or click to pick the file from your folders.
- Now select the header rows with all the fields and then press next.
- Now you need to map your data and match up the columns of data to the data fields we have for the contacts.
Below, we have 5 columns with information, we just need to match them up. First Name, Last Name, Email, Phone, and Lead Type (Buyer or Seller).
- One the date is mapped, press "Next". The system will show your mapped date, check if they are correct.
- Take a quick look at your data just to make sure everything looks good and press "Next". The system will begin to upload your contacts.
- When you press next the system will begin to process your data and add your contacts.
Congrats you just uploaded your contacts!
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.