Once you set up your Action Plan workflow, you have two ways of triggering the Action Plan: Manual vs Automatic Triggers. For this article, we will focus on Manual Triggering.
Manual Triggering: This allows you to trigger an Action Plan when you want to. Here are the basic steps:
- Choose the contacts you want to trigger. You can use the filters to find the contacts for whom you want the Action Plan to be triggered. After that, you can either "Select All Contacts" or just select a few based on the results of your filter then select the "Trigger Action Plan" option from the list of options we have on the system.
- Once you click on the Trigger Action Plan, you'll be presented with the available Action Plans to trigger. Choose the Action Plan and click on "Trigger Now."
- "Overview" allows you to review and customize (if needed) the chosen Action Plan.
At this point, the customization that is available is adjusting the trigger date and removing unnecessary steps/activities to be sent.
- Review Progress: You can review the progress of an Action Plan once it has been triggered, including the start and expected completion dates. This is where you will go as well if you want to stop/pause an Action Plan.
- Show Only Running: tick this box if you only want to see the running Action Plan, but untick it if you also want to see previously completed plans.
- Stats Tab: Recently, we added this tab for monitoring purposes.
- You'll now have the ability to view how many SMS and Emails are sent on each Action Plan on your account.
- The "Stats" tab will be available on every Action Plan in your account. It is filtered by default for the 'current week,' but you can change the coverage by simply selecting the date in the top right corner.
- It should be noted that the SMS delivery number will be based on the release date. As a result, the numbers will be lower than expected because we are no longer able to go back and track the earlier ones. (Released Date: June 2022)
Read more about the update here.
To learn more about Auto Trigger, click here.